Atlanta Fence Permits: Do you need a permit to put up a fence in Atlanta?
Depends on where you live. As of this writing, there are 5 cities in the Metro Atlanta area that require fence permits. The City of Atlanta, the City of Sandy Springs, the City of Milton, the City of Johns Creek, and the City of Brookhaven all have their own processes and rules, but all are relatively simple and easy to navigate.
After you get a fencing quote and decide that a new fence is in your future, print and fill out the permit paperwork for your city. When you submit your paperwork, include your Apex fence quote with its diagram to show the location of your fence. Once your application is approved by your city permitting representative, you will be free to have your new fence installed.
Fence Permit Document Links
- Fence Permits in the City of Atlanta: https://www.atlantaga.gov/home/showdocument?id=24358
- Fence Permits in Sandy Springs: http://www.sandyspringsga.gov/business/building-and-construction/construction-utility-permits/fence-permits
- Fence Permits in Milton: https://www.cityofmiltonga.us/services/forms-permits
- Fence Permits in the City of Johns Creek: https://www.johnscreekga.gov/JCGA/Media/PDF-CD/PZ/fence-permit.pdf
- Fence Permits in the City of Brookhaven: https://www.brookhavenga.gov/sites/default/files/fileattachments/community_development/page/15827/fence_wall_permit_application.pdf
For the City of Atlanta residents, Apex Fence has a permit expediter for your fence permit if you choose to not drive down to Trinity Ave and apply yourself. Call and we will provide you with her name and number, and she will procure your fence permit for a fee plus the permit fee. This is between you (the applicant) and our expediter exclusively. Apex Fence is not a participant in this process nor does it profit in any way. This is purely a convenience we can provide for you.
HOA Fence Permits in the Atlanta Metro
There are thousands of HOAs in the Metro Atlanta area, check with yours for approval prior to your fence installation to make sure your design is acceptable to the standards of your neighborhood. Most HOAs will provide you with a guideline.
Atlanta Fence Company has worked with hundreds of HOAs across Atlanta and surrounding areas to ensure our fences meet the specifications of your community. When requesting a fence quote for your home within an HOA Community, please be sure to mention your HOA by name and be prepared to provide us with any guidelines or the contact information for your community manager.
If you’ve got your fence permit in order and are still looking for a professional fence installer, look no further than Apex Fence Company! From residential projects to commercial fencing, we can do it all. Contact us to get the process started whenever you’re ready!