Privacy Fence Installation in Atlanta
If you are looking to contract a wooden privacy fencing company in Atlanta, look no further than Apex Fence Company. We install over 250,000 feet of fencing every year in the Atlanta area! All that experience means that no matter what style or material of privacy fence you want, we can help you make the choice that’s right for your property.
Recent Wood Privacy Fence Photos in Atlanta
Pros & Cons of Privacy Fences
If you haven’t yet decided that a privacy fence is right for you, consider some of these upsides and downsides.
Privacy Fence Benefits
- Privacy – An obvious benefit to privacy fences is in the name: privacy! If you want to set your yard off from your surrounding area, making it your private, quiet sanctum, a privacy fence is right for you. Similarly, privacy fences are generally safer than other types of fences.
- Property Value – As is the case with any newly installed fence, a privacy fence is likely to increase your home’s property value.
- Aesthetics – Privacy fences are beautiful! At least, we think they are. A wood privacy fence can be an aesthetically pleasing addition to your Atlanta-area home.
Cons of Privacy Fences
- Cost – Since privacy fences are made of solid, high-quality wood with no gaps, they’re one of the more expensive kinds of fences we install in the Atlanta area. There can be some ongoing costs too: wood requires more maintenance than metal, chainlink, and other materials.
- Neighborly Disagreement – If you share a property line with your neighbors, a privacy fence could cause some strife. The height of a privacy fence might block your neighbor’s yard and their views.
Privacy Fence Materials
For wood privacy fences in Atlanta, two types of wood are most common (both of which are rot- and bug-resistant):
Pressure Treated Pine (PTP) – This type of wood is specially treated with pressure and chemicals to improve its longevity and resiliency against rot and deterioration. Pine wood can also be more cost-effective since it is grown, harvested, and treated right here in the Southeast.
Cedar – Cedar fencing is premium quality and has a beautifully rich color. We import it to Atlanta from the Pacific Northwest and Canada.
Types of Wood Privacy Fence Materials
Privacy fences are typically 6 feet high and block the view of your yard from those around you as well as your view of adjacent properties. We can help you find and design a privacy fence style that’s perfect for you! These are some of our most commonly built styles.
- Dog-eared Privacy Fences – This is a perfect style for basic privacy fence needs. Dog-eared fences are known for their trapezoidal top as seen here.
- Scalloped Privacy Fences – With gently curved lines punctuated by strong and sturdy anchor posts, a scalloped fence is a work of pleasing contrasts. The scalloped fence style can be used for privacy fences and picket fences.
- Saddled Privacy Fences – The design of a saddled wood privacy fence is very appealing thanks to the placement of the posts along the outside of the fence. This exposure adds a pleasant 3D look to the entire fence line.
- X-Brace Privacy Fences – This style of privacy fence is instantly recognizable from its name, featuring X-shaped bracing along its length. Check out this recent X-brace privacy fence project we did in Marietta, Georgia!
Great experience from start to finish! We had Apex replace our privacy and picket fences and install an automatic gate. Bill and Christie are both very friendly and helpful and no one tried to up-sell me into buying what I didn't need or want. Stayed true to all timelines and quotes and worked within my budget. Our new fences and gates are beautiful! Would definitely recommend!
Apex was great from start to finish. The quote was very reasonable, Eric was very professional and honest, the crew came on the day promised, and the privacy fence looks great. The quality of materials and workmanship is excellent. We are very happy with the final product. They are even working with me to replace the latch since my dog has figured out how to open the gate!
Apex fenced our backyard this summer and did a wonderful job. I also appreciated that Brian, the owner, always answered his phone or called us back promptly - so we weren't left wondering what was going on.
The people at Apex Fence did a great job, where very professional and did a beautiful job building the privacy fence. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a fence.
I wanted a 6 foot privacy fence for my dog, I went with the scalloped design. The fence looks really great. Before the pickets went up you could look down the line of posts and only see one, they were that straight. All the scallops look the same too. The fence looks very professional. Honestly it makes the ones around me not look very good. The fence looks very sturdy, the posts are set in 2 feet of cement and the gates look great how they blend in. Everybody I dealt with was very nice too. The owner of the company even came out to check on it during the day, I appreciate that. And the price was right there what I thought it should be. I think I really got my money's worth and would highly recommend Apex. -Kathy
Apex Fence Company did a fabulous job on my privacy fence. I would recommend this company to anyone! Brian took the time to come out to my house and consult with me several times. He was extremely patient with my property line issues and homeowners association. The crew did an amazing job on my 6 foot privacy fence as well. I had several estimates/quotes done by several companies, and I do not regret my decision at all!
We recently have a privacy fence installed around a new pool. From the first call to Apex Fence, the process was a pleasure. I was called right back, Brian came out and gave us a proposal the next day along with a great understanding of the codes involving fencing around pools, which we were totally unaware of!! He coordinated the job with our Pool Contractor and everything was great from start to finish. Our dogs love the fence as well. Kudos to Brian and his staff. We would highly recommend this company to anyone.
Apex Fence Company really went above and beyond to make sure I was a satisfied customer, even coming out to speak personally with a difficult neighbor. I was really impressed with their professionalism, and ended up with a beautiful privacy fence!
Brian at Apex truly cares about his business and the service he provides to his customers. We had several fence companies provide quotes. Not ONE of them demonstrated that they truly wanted to EARN our business like Brian. We replaced a large 4ft old picket fence with 6ft privacy wood and 5ft Galv Steel facing driveway. Brian's attention to detail, prompt call or email return is something rarely seen in service market. His team (Kenny, etc.) even placed temporary latch on steel door to meet code for pool fill while waiting for actual (Magna Latch) to arrive. Would HIGHLY recommend Apex Fence. Great Value at a very competitive price!
I got three estimates for a privacy fence for our home yard. They were all very close in price. Brian of Apex was the only one who discussed our options related to excessive brush in our backyard and was the only one who offered to remove the brush and thus put our fence on our back property line. He also squeezed our job in within the week so that we had a fenced yard for our new dog. The fence appears to be of good quality and the installation was done in a timely and sturdy manner. Brian inspected the job after its completion, this something that I have found other contractors to neglect and I appreciated Brian's personable manner and willingness to address my numerous questions about fencing. I can't imagine anyone having a bad experience using this company.
Privacy Fence FAQs
How much does it cost to put up a privacy fence? Privacy fence pricing varies greatly depending on many factors, such as the size of your property, the material you choose, and the desired style. Contact us today for a free privacy fence estimate in the Atlanta area!
Will a privacy fence add value to my Atlanta home? Almost certainly, yes! An attractive new wooden privacy fence installed by our experts here at Apex will beautify and add value to your property.
Is a privacy fence worth it? That’s a question that we can’t answer for you and your family, but we can help you answer it! If any of the benefits of privacy fences we mentioned above sound appealing to you, it might be time to build a privacy fence for your Atlanta-area home.
Looking for a residential fencing company?
Contact us today for a free cost estimate!